Marriage Registry Weddings

Want to get married in Victoria in a wedding registry styled marriage ceremony - in a lovely private and stylish setting? You can book to get married in a Victorian Marriage Registry style wedding in one month's time at Victoria Private Marriage Registry! 

Also - For lots of images of our Marriage Registry - Check our other marriage ceremonies website at

Victoria-Marriage-Registry-0005The Melbourne Private Marriage Registry is a privately owned organisation providing premium, yet still affordable, Wedding and Marriage Registry Ceremony services to Victorian couples, Interstate couples and International couples who may not necessarily wish to have a large or expensive wedding, but who require a professional marriage registry office style wedding in Victoria conducted by a professional Registered Civil Celebrant. Some couples request a 'quick turn-around' service. For couples who may wish to be married within the minimum legal waiting period of one month, it is possible to book now to be married in one month's time from the lodgement of the Notice of Intended Marriage (Form 13 - regulation 38 - Marriage Act 1961).

CeremonyRoomMay19wThe administrative offices and Ceremony Rooms are conveniently located in a private older style terrace house at 915 Punt Road, South Yarra, Victoria, 3141.  Situated just near Domain Road in 'cosmopolitan' South Yarra, the Melbourne Private Marriage Registry is located one main block from Toorak Road on Punt Road, right in the heart of a huge array of excellent cafes and restaurants which may be the perfect location for a celebration after the ceremony.

Call (03) 9820 1119 to either enquire or to make a booking. If the administration offices are unattended - please call 0424 77 88 00

Your Ceremony

The Ceremony Room is booked in half-hour intervals with an allocation of up to half an hour for the wedding ceremony. Depending on your specific requests and wishes, your ceremony may be conducted with only the minimum mandatory requirements - in which case it will be a fairly quick wedding process prior to the signing of official documentation by you, your celebrant and your two witnesses, or, your ceremony may be much more elaborate and personalised, and may fill the entire half hour booking, or you may even choose to book an 'extended ceremony' if you have many guests attending your wedding ceremony. The choice is entirely yours.

International clients

For overseas guests who plan to marry in Melbourne, Australia, Melbourne Private Marriage Registry can provide the perfect service for you. We offer a Victoria Marriage Registry office style wedding ceremony at a price you can afford!

What to bring with you?  You will need to bring your original Birth Certificate, and if either of you have been married before you will need to produce proof of how the last marriage ended. This mean you would need to bring Divorce papers or Death certificates. These must be originals certificates. It is important that all of these papers be brought with you to Australia to be sighted by your Celebrant. Without these original papers the marriage won't legally be able to go ahead in Australia.

What to do now?



Under Australian law it is mandatory that a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) - 'Form 13 (Regulation 38) should be lodged with the celebrant no less than one month, and no more than 18 months, from the proposed marriage date. If you are wanting a Victorian Marriage Registry styled ceremony then it is simple to lodge your NOIM at the Melbourne Private Marriage Registry in South Yarra, so that you can be legally married in one month's time.

Partner Visa Migration Weddings

Fiance Visa (Prospective Spouse) Weddings

 If you are planning to marry a partner from overseas, in Australia in a Victoria Marriage Registry Office style ceremony, you will need to sign a Notice of Intended Marriage form and we will provide you with a confirmation letter for your visa paperwork for the Department of Immigration which confirms your lodgement of the Notice of Intended Marriage There will be a non-refundable lodgement fee for the Notice of Intended Marriage form, and we will hold all our legal paperwork, according to laws in Australia, in preparation for the marriage once the visa is granted.